3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2016 3:18 AM by Bayapa Reddy

Tableau proposal to client.

NIlesh Shinde

Hi Team,

My client has some report in Excel he wanted to convert in tableau but before that He want to know all features or can say what extra ordinary work we can do in tableau?

Tuesday I have presentation so before that can you tell me what features should I explain? I have to show them tableau dashboards with Problem and solution.

Preparing on Following Point.

1) Donut chart

2) Parameters Dynamic values change.

3) Groups vs sets.

4) Calculated fields.

5) Types of charts in Tableau.

6) Colour and shape implementation.

7) Data source publish and refresh.

8) Tableau Mobile

• 1. Re: Tableau proposal to client.
          Tom W

Hi Nilesh,

I'd be happy to help you if you have specific questions or problems you're facing. However, your need seems pretty vague - what do you actually need our help with?

• 2. Re: Tableau proposal to client.
            Sankarmagesh Rajan
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Tableau proposal to client.
              Bayapa Reddy

Hi Nllesh Shinde,

Please go through the below differences of Excel and Tableau.

1. Here are some advantages of Tableau comparing with Excel:

• Work with bigger DataSet
              • Many connections possibilities (Cloudera, Redshift, IBM DB2, Salesforce,Teradata,... etc)
              • It can create visualizations for a large amount of data without crashing
              • You can publish your work on Tableau Server and give the access to your team members.
              • Have a free support team “just ask”
              • Nice tools of visualization

2. Excel is not designed to work with millions of rows. It gets quite slow when you pass a few hundred thousand. (even much less if you have lots of formulas, calculations etc.) Tableau can do the job with a few hundred million records (then it starts to get screwed though) And it has more options and features to work with external databases and queries.

3. The main difference is where these tools originate from: Excel from numerical computation; Tableau from Data Analysis and visualization.

Excel was originally built for calculations in e.g. accountancy. It's perfect for performing multiple complex calculations at once and present the outcomes in basic charts. If you're somewhat skilled in programming you can even make the charts interactive, but you won't be able to publish your results directly via a web server.

Tableau is a Business Intelligence data visualization tool that is also capable of performing computations. It can read data from Excel and many, many database formats and provides an impressive set of interactive customization charts, including geographic maps which can also be published online.

1 of 1 people found this helpful