1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2016 12:01 PM by diego.medrano

SSAS Tabular Model blending with CSV data

Adrian LePique

Hi Tableau community,

Hopefully someone can help me out with a problem I'm working through.  Currently running Tableau 9.2.

We have an enterprise data source that is an SSAS Tabular model.  I have some extra supplemental data in a CSV file that I would like to join to one of the common fields between the two so I can pull some of the SSAS measures by the supplemental data's dimensions that I've blended.

When I do the join between the SSAS Tabular Model (primary data source) and the CSV file, it works whenever I'm pulling no measures from the primary data source.  I can pull related dimensions between the two and see the relationship working.  However, as soon as I try to pull in a measure from the primary SSAS tabular model source, I get the error "Cannot blend secondary data source because one or more fields use an unsupported aggregation".

Researching a bit, this seems like a known issue: https://community.tableau.com/ideas/5905

Has anyone figured out a solution here?  Does the new 10.0 fix this?  Can custom MDX be written in Tableau to pull down a table of data from the model?

Any suggestions/updates you all can offer would be a huge help!  Thanks!