2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2017 2:55 PM by Harsh Agarwal

JIRA Cloud Web Data Connector

derek.dupont

Hi all,

I'm new to building WDCs, but figured the release of Tableau 10 would be a good opportunity to explore them. The tutorials have been helpful and I feel like I understand the basic concepts. Unfortunately, the data source I would like to build a WDC for, JIRA Cloud, does not support CORS, so I will likely need to build an Atlassian Connect add-on to access the data I am after.

I've seen a couple posts in regards to WDCs for JIRA Server, but not much on JIRA Cloud. From the second post, I did see the below comment, which suggests I won't be able to use a WDC but instead will need to create an application that collects the JSON data from JIRA using their REST API, transform this into a Tableau-friendly format, and then dump it into a location where a a scheduled Tableau extract can occur.

Before diving too deep, I figured I would reach out to the community to see if anyone uses JIRA Cloud data for their Tableau dashboards and has gone through this process. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!