2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2017 6:23 AM by John McCormack

Exporting data of each individual sheet to csv files

Mandar Deshpande

Hello Guys,

I am trying to export data of each sheet to csv file using tabcmd and export command. But I am facing one issue, whenever I export , I get data of first sheet.

For example lets say I have 3 sheets

1) A

2)B

3)C 

I want to export data of sheet c
      my command is

tabcmd export "URL of sheet 'C' " --csv -f "output file.csv" -u "username" -p "password"

But this command is exporting data of sheet 'A'.

Is there any other alternative to achieve the above scenario.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandar Deshpande.

• 1. Re: Exporting data of each individual sheet to csv files
          Jennifer Lynch

HI,

See if this link helps you. I think you might just be miss-typing the syntax a little.

Specifying the view, workbook, or data to export: You specify this using the "workbook/view" string as it appears in the URL for the workbook or view, not using its “friendly name,” and excluding the :iid=<n> session ID at the end of the URL. For example, to export the Tableau sample view Investment Growth from the Finance workbook, you would use the string Finance/InvestmentGrowth, not Finance/Investment Growth, or Finance/InvestmentGrowth?:iid=1. Use -t <site_id> if the server is running multiple sites and the view or workbook is on a site other than Default.

To export a workbook, you still include a valid view in the string you use. Using the above example, to export the Financeworkbook, you would use the string Finance/InvestmentGrowth. Finally, to export a workbook, it must have been published with Show Sheets as Tabs selected in the Tableau Desktop Publish dialog box.

• 2. Re: Exporting data of each individual sheet to csv files
            John McCormack

Hi Mandar, Did you manage to resolve this issue? I am having the same issue if you could let me know how you got around it it would be great. Thanks a lot