I try to use Tabjolt to check if a workbook data source change from Vertica to Impala won't affect its performance and desperately need your help.
After setting up the test environment and running a test I got only errors on all views of a tested workbook, but then I found a solution on this forum ('https://community.tableau.com/thread/178633' ) and changed "force login" to true. This helped partially.
Now the majority of views of a workbook can be tested successfully, but some still produce 100% Error Rate. Please note that those views are successfully opened & operated in Tableau Web & Desktop, they do not have any special charts like maps.
In jmeter_data relevant to the test run errors appear in groups of four (have the same group_id).
|Response Code||Response Msg|
|Failed to finish View Viz Test. Site: ; Workbook: ServerLogReporter_1; View: SystemAnalyticsByDevice; IsPublic: false; Exception: java.lang.Exception: Server returned unexpected response code 404 during initSession|
|600||Login with desktop api success|
|0||Error initializing view session null and exception Server returned unexpected response code 404 during initSession|
Test Run parameters:
>go --t=testplans\ViewVizLoadTest.jmx --d=360 --c=1
(I tried to use different test plan and increase test duration - it did not help).
- there is just one view in vizpool.csv, like /views/ServerLogReporter_1/SystemAnalyticsByDevice
- the default dataretriever.config file is used (only Tableau server IP was updated there, JMX metrics stay disabled)
- there is just one user account used for testing, its credentials are specified in userpool.csv and ServerTestConfig.yaml
- 1st server running Tabjolt with
Java 1.8.0_101 (x64)
Server Windows Server 2012R2 v6.3 (Build9600), 16GB RAM and 6CPUs
- 2nd server running Tableau Server v9.3.4 (x64), 32GB RAM and 4CPUs
Please review the enclosed log and advise what additional checks/adjustments I may need to do to get a successful test run?
Please let me know if you need some additional information to analyze the case.