1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2016 4:42 AM by Ali Hirji

Convert Date & Time to Time only and having the ability to sum/create calculations from time field.

Ali Hirji

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Tableau so please forgive me if this question has been answered or is 'an easy one'.

My data contains a number of different phone/call lines which our customers call us on. My aim is to display call stats per line but also the total time on each phone line, the total/average waiting times, etc... I have connected to my data fine. The data in the time columns (lets say duration of call for instance (Active Time column), displays the time in the following format: DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss - the time part of the field is correct and displaying what I expect. My issue is stripping the date from this field and then having the ability to sum/average/create calculations using the time. I have attached a screen shot below:

Taking row 1 for example, what I'd like to achieve is the below:

So far, I've been able to display and sum the number of calls per Service by date fine - but my problem is now displaying time/duration for each service line/date and using this to create other fields i.e. averages.

I've spent some considerable time on the Community and a general web searching and have yet to stumble across an answer. If anyone could help me, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Ali.

1 2 Previous Next