1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 23, 2016 3:53 AM by Steve Taylor

filter 'over' a feature

Alessandro Crippa

Hi,

I'm displaying flight data and I'd like to create filters to select only a subset of vendors and routes.

I want a filter on the number of trips per route, i.e. to consider only the most frequently flown routes.

I also want a filter on the number of flights per carrier, to consider only the carriers we fly most.

I created a sheet with a CNT(NUMBER OF RECORDS) vs. ROUTE and a sheet with a CNT(NUMBER OF RECORDS) vs. CARRIER.

I'm using both sheets in a dashboard and I'm using both filters on the CNT(NUMBER OF RECORDS)

This solution doesn't work because if I change the filter on the CNT(NUMBER OF RECORDS) for one sheet, the filter on the CNT(NUMBER OF RECORDS) for the other sheet changes also.

How can I create a filter on the CNT(NUMBER OF RECORDS) PER CARRIER, and a filter on the CNT(NUMBER OF RECORDS) PER ROUTE, and use them in the same dashboard?

Thanks

AC

• 1. Re: filter 'over' a feature
          Steve Taylor

Hello Alessandro

Your count of number of records is it's own measure. You showing it broken down by Carrier on one worksheet and Route on another worksheet doesn't change the fact that it's just counting the number of records in the dataset.

You could create separate count measures for carriers and routes using LOD calculations like so:

{FIXED [Carrier] : COUNT(Number of records)}

This says, for every carrier, count up the number of records in the dataset

Your separate calculation for routes would be:

{FIXED [Route] : COUNT(Number of records)}

Then add each of these to your filter shelf and see if you get the result you're hoping for.

Hope that helps

Steve