2 of 2 people found this helpful
Hey Lisa! Congrats on getting this up and running without help! You're close. I suspect that this issue is only due to the space in your view name. Whenever you're using a content reference in your VizAlert, you should use the URL form of the viz. This uniquely identifies the path to the view you want to render:
Note that you can't add the Site to the path--the viz must exist on the same Site as your trigger view.
Matt - thanks so much for your help! The devil was in the details as my trigger wasn't pointing to the correct name of the viz. Once fixed, it works like a charm!
With that sorted out, I had one more question - what causes the email to come from vizalerts rather than from the address I've put in the trigger viz? it seems to work on one but not the other below...
Thanks again for all your time and effort on this! It is going to make a HUGE difference for us here at the Hutch!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
The From address should be derived from the " Email From ~" field. If the field is left off, the default address from vizalerts.yaml is used instead. If you do use the " Email From ~" field, you must supply a valid address (it cannot be NULL or blank, must be a valid-looking address, and must also be from a domain that's allowed in vizalerts.yaml). If it is invalid, the alert will fail (so handle your NULLs!).
(edited, my previous reply wasn't correct)
Got it! Thanks so much for answering!
Sorry, I realized that last reply is not accurate--I'm editing it for correctness.