3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2016 10:09 AM by Rajeev Pandey

How do I find what version my Permanent license entitles me to?

Daniel Smith

Hi all,

I have 3 permanent licenses for Tableau, currently running v9.0.4.

I need to deactivate one license from a laptop and install on a new one.

My question is - what is the latest version I can download that can still utilise this key? I've got the 9.0.4 download, but I'm not sure if I have to use that, or can use any 9.0.xx, or any 9.xx?

Many thanks,

Daniel

• 1. Re: How do I find what version my Permanent license entitles me to?
          John Sobczak

As long as your maintenance is up to date (12 months from license purchase then maintenance renewal afterwards) you can download any version.  You will be able to continue to use this after maintenance expiration if not renewed, you just won't be able to download any newer versions.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I find what version my Permanent license entitles me to?
            Tom W

I'd suggest you get in touch with Tableau Customer Support to find out which version you are able to use for each specific key.

Also, if you're registered on the customer portal customer.tableausoftware.com  you will see a link to 'my keys' which notes the date the maintenance expires. My understanding is you can use any version released before that expiry from the alternative download site - Alternate Downloads Site | Tableau Software

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How do I find what version my Permanent license entitles me to?
              Rajeev Pandey

Hi Daniel,

Keeping Tableau Desktop up-to-date with the latest version ensures that you have the latest software fixes and features for optimum performance and usability.Both major and minor versions of the software may be installed concurrently on the same machine.

For example, both Desktop 9.2 and 9.3 can be installed on the same machine. Uninstalling any previous versions is not necessary for a successful upgrade. It is important to know that if you are upgrading between maintenance releases (e.g., 8.0.5 to 8.0.6), the newer maintenance release will replace the older maintenance release,but again uninstalling the previous version is not necessary.

Because different versions of Tableau Desktop can be installed concurrently on the same machine, upgrading Tableau Desktop simply requires that you download and install the newer version on the same machine.

For more information ,refer the EULA policy:

Legal | Tableau Software

1 of 2 people found this helpful