4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2016 5:49 PM by Lance Martens

Assistance required with “Missing” Chart Data

Lance Martens

Hi All,

I would appreciate any assistance with configuring my worksheet to display “all chart data” for “all days” selected?

Logic:

• For some reason as my data source has increased in volume (more days’ worth of data added), I noticed that some of my chart data is no longer displayed when I have “All Days Selected
      • If I reduce the viz to only display “7 days” worth of data, then all data returns
      • If I select another day i.e. now “8 days” worth, then data starts disappearing, and
      • The more days I introduce, the more data disappears

Required:

• I have placed an illustration below of the different scenarios I’m observing.

PS!

I do normally attach my workbook, however I’m hoping it is a simple setting issue I have,

If not, let me know and I’ll upload my workbook

Any guidance will be appreciated

Cheers,

Lance

• 1. Re: Assistance required with “Missing” Chart Data
          Tom W

Most likely something to do with how you've configured your filter. The screenshots don't really provide much insight as they aren't zoomed in enough to see the workbook detail. Unfortunately I think the workbook is necessary to provide further guidance.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Assistance required with “Missing” Chart Data
            Lance Martens

Hi Tom,

Cheers for the support mate!

Progress Feedback:

• I went back to my filters as you suggested and managed to determined that my “IndexCalc” was not configured correctly, needed to be set to (Pane across then down, not default of table across). All good now!

Still Required:

• I would appreciate it if you can offer any insight into the final anomaly I am experiencing relating to the amount of “Days” I select with regards to my attached workbook?
            • My data populates Right to Left (Right is the most current, moving off to the left older)
            • The most current data is for Wednesday (17/8)
            • All goes well for Tuesday and Monday selection
            • Once Sunday (14/8) is introduced my sorting becomes corrupt for some reason

PS!

I have left my worksheet with only Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday selected. You will observe what happens as you select any more days (i.e. 14/8…..)

Cheers,

Lance

• 3. Re: Assistance required with “Missing” Chart Data
              Tom W

This might be once of the most unreadable visualizations I've ever seen haha! Thankfully I have a dual screen, I was able to stretch it out across two screens.

I switched the order of 'Day(mine Event)' and 'Weekday(Mine Event)' and that did the trick. The sorting was going out of wack because it was sorting on the alphanumeric values of Monday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc. Change the other to use the weekday number first and you're all set.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Assistance required with “Missing” Chart Data
                Lance Martens

Hi Tom,

Cheers for the prompt reply mate, you nailed it!

• Regarding the viz, I purposely selected the worksheet view “Fit width” to enable you to better observe the “Weekdays” anomaly related to the date axis
                • My standard view for the worksheet is “Normal”

Thanx again, all is AOK now!

Cheers,

Lance