5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2016 10:05 AM by Erin Gehn

Is there a way to only grab the primary/first item in a field's entries?

Erin Gehn

Is there a way to only grab the primary/first item in a field's entries? An LOD calculation perhaps?

We have a function for payment. Its calculating as desired until we add a table (inner join) with a desired field. So now, that calculation is producing the output with a multiplicative for the amount of items in the new field.

Example:

calculation result:   year.a....1        new table Z with field z added result:  a....1*(number of z's per year.a)

year.b....2                                                                    b....2*(number of z's per year.b)

year.c....3                                                                    c....3*(number of z's per year.c)

Can I fix this with a LOD?

I tried..

{FIXED  [z field]:SUM([calculation])}

{EXCLUDE  [z field]:SUM([calculation])}

{INCLUDE  [z field]:SUM([calculation])}

To no avail.

Let me know your thoughts.

I apologize in advance...I'm unable to share the workbook. If the solution is not straight forward, I can spend some time trying to make a mock up in superstore. Otherwise, I can set up go-to meetings or a webex and you can play with the data while I observe?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you in advance!