Is it there regardless of the height of the box? Can you put it in an oversized box and show the screen shot?
Hi Ian-- forgive me for asking this, but are you sure it's the parameter that is goofy, rather than another window floating behind it? Just wanted to check off the simple stuff
Yeah, trust me, I checked and double checked just to make sure I wasn't going to look foolish.
The parameter is not in an additional window, I just changed the shading of the parameter box.
Here it is on my desktop, and as you can see it looks completely normal. It only shows up after it's published.
I'd suggest the old "kick it and see if we can make it work" routine:
- First, customize the parameter and make sure "Show readoff" is not checked and the Edited Title is blank (no carriage returns). If that doesn't work, progress...
- Create a blank worksheet that is JUST the parameter (formatting it properly)
- If you see that same weird scroll bar, we've got a bug. If not, progress...
- Add your new worksheet to a new dashboard (you can delete the data, leaving only the parameter).
- If you see that same weird scroll bar, again: we've got a bug. Otherwise progress:
- Make a COPY of your problematic dashboard
- Add in the new worksheet/parameter you created in a floating tile
- Delete the data pane from the new sheet (leaving just the parameter control)
- Check that the newly-added parameter functions correctly and looks appropriate
- If so, delete your naughty parameter and replace with the new one
And one more test if you're pulling out your hair: is your dashboard size set to Automatic and you are jumping between screens (desktop vs. laptop)? I've found some floating tiles might be compressed when you move to a different screen size, which can make what looks fine on one computer look wonky on the other.
Would you be able to send me a copy of a .twbx with the bug in there?
I'll see if it shows up the same on my computer
FYI: this is a little similar to a bug I noticed where the Data sheets list was being compressed oddly: definitely something graphical in nature.
not at the moment, i'd have to scrub the data file to get rid of sensitive information. ... thanks for your help!