3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2018 7:42 PM by pavani.p.1

Dynamic MoM and Months as Parameter

Ryan Miller

Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted before, but when I was Googling and looking around the community, I wasn't able to find anything that combined these two issues.

1) Dynamic MoM: Currently, the way I have MoM % difference set up is that I have to hide the previous month and can essentially only look at it a single month at a time. However, I'd like to be able to set it up where I can use the date/month filter and select any month and the MoM % difference will change accordingly and calculate the difference from the previous month. How would I go about doing that?

2) I have data from multiple sources, with the only commonality being that they share a single dimension--date. I would like to make it so that I only need one month/date filter and to update the 3-4 visuals I have in my actual dashboard view, instead of having separate month/date filters for each. I'm assuming i'd need to turn the dates into parameters somehow, but am unsure of how to do so.

Any and all help or direction is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks so much for your help!

Capture.PNG