2 of 2 people found this helpful
What on your list is not being ticked off through the various scripts you've seen?
1) Only one person needs access to Tableau Server (You are fine as the only one)
2) You can use parameters to activate filters to show only a region for each sales person. Using parameters allow you to pass this in the URL, hence navigate through a series of batch scripts.
3) No problem with sending these as an email either.
4) Windows Task Scheduler is what you can use to automate these scripts
5) Agents in a database is great. Should help
Someone might provide a sample script but I don't think anyone is going to build it in its entirety for free. There are several consultants who might be able to do this rather easily if like though. Until then I can't really see anything that might cause an issue here other than the need for 1000 people. That's a lot of folks to need to build this for.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Hi Chan. You may want to check out VizAlerts, a tool I and Jonathan Drummey have worked together to build. It is free and open-source. (edit) Just to clarify, yes, VizAlerts can do exactly what you need to do. Based on the data in a Tableau Server viz, it can automatically email PDFs of any other arbitrary viz(zes) to any arbitrary email addresses, whether they are Tableau Server users or not.
Metric Insights may also be able to do this.
I've been away from Tableau for a while and just got my hands back on it and logged back into the community.
First of all AWESOME work on VizAlerts! Really appreciate all the hard work you guys have put in!
I no longer have this requirement as I've moved jobs since, but i am absolutely going to take a shot at VizAlerts and make sure I can put it to good use.
Thanks for following up! Hope it works well for you.