2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2016 2:40 PM by Jeff Strauss

Migrating Views from one tab to another

Link Doucedame

Is there a way to migrate views from one tab to another in a workbook on Tableau Server?

In one of my company's workbooks on Tableau Server, I've had to create two versions of the same dashboard which have the same filters but feature different metrics.  I would like to migrate the views from the first dashboard to the second.  

Does anyone know if this is possible?

• 1. Re: Migrating Views from one tab to another
          Joe Oppelt

"Migrating views" ... Trying to wrap my head around what that means...

You can make your filters from one sheet apply to another.  If that's all you're really looking to do, that's something Tableau does routinely.

And you can actually do what I think you need to do all in one dashboard.  (I'm looking at the word "tab" to mean dashboard.)  In fact, you might be able to do it all on one sheet, if I understand what you are describing.

If I had a sample workbook of what you have (even something representative of what you have, if you can't upload your actual workbook), I could take a look and see what you really need to do.

• 2. Re: Migrating Views from one tab to another
            Jeff Strauss

do you mean copy / paste?  Yeah, this is possible by right clicking on the tab / copy both at the worksheet and dashboard level.  Paste.