1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2017 10:18 AM by Barkha Ahuja

Help with 40401 and 406 errors

Katherine Howells

I have been unable to connect to any data, I think since the last upgrade. Every time I try to connect to an excel file, I get errors. Errors are either of the following (with slight variations in temp file path and numbers of rows):

Tableau Data Engine Error: 406: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\tmp84772289\SYS\SCHEMAS\SCHEMAS_NAME.data
      The table "[TableauTemp].['ALL output types$']" does not exist.

Tableau Data Engine Error: 40401: Scan::Next: Mismatched row counts: Table has 361 rows: Column: [COLUMNPROPS_KEY] has 350 rows

I have tried rolling back to an earlier version of Tableau. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version. I have tried clearing the windows temp folder. I've also tested connecting with a simple excel sheet with just a few rows, but I still get both errors.

I have no idea what to do next - please let me know what you think might fix it!

(Please try to keep advice in non-technical language if possible, I am still learning this software)

1 2 Previous Next