3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2018 12:13 AM by kamal kumar

Last Refreshed Date and Time

Govind Ramchetty

Hi

In my overall dashboard i have to display last refreshed date and time.How can i display in my dashboard.

Thanks

Govind R

• 1. Re: Last Refreshed Date and Time
          Dmitry Chirkov

"last refreshed date and time" of what exactly?

When dashboard was loaded? When data for dashboard was last queried? When was extract refreshed?

I'd go with either value from data or from calculation (i.e. NOW() calculation on the dashboard would show you timestamp for when dashboard was last rendered).

-Dmitry

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Last Refreshed Date and Time
            Tharashasank Davuluru

Hi,

If you want add last data refresh (a time stamp) to a view in a dashboard. You can follow the below steps:

1. Open the workbook that contains the dashboard in Tableau Desktop, and then navigate to the sheet for which you want to display the time of the last data refresh.
            2. Select Worksheet > Show Title.
            3. Double-click the title.
            4. In the Edit Title dialog box, select Insert > Data Update Time, and then click OK.

The Data Update Time value depends on the type of connection:

• Extract-based connections display the last time the extract was refreshed.
            • Live database connections display the last time the data source was refreshed.
            • Live file-based connections display the last time the file was updated.
            3 of 3 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Last Refreshed Date and Time
              kamal kumar

Hi Tharashasank Davuluru,

I have followed your solution and it gave me the result. But, it is giving me both date and time.

But, I want to have only Date and not the time in the title. Is there any way to get only the date with out time?

Thanks in advance