2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 8:08 AM by Cyril Joy

Drilldown Reports based on data displayed on the report.

Cyril Joy

I have a summary report. In the summary report, i have rows corresponding to different systems, and I need to drill to different report corresponding to where I clicked.

For example,

1. I have a 'SOURCE' column in my summary report, and when I click on a data row called 'Finance', I need to drill to a report with Finance details.

2. I have a 'SOURCE' column in my summary report, and when I click on a data row called 'Supplies', I need to drill to a report with Supplies details.

3. I have a 'SOURCE' column in my summary report, and when I click on a data row called 'Headcount', I need to drill to a report with Headcount details.

One way to achieve this is to provide a menu and users should click on the right menu to navigate to the right report. IS there a different way without the menu? User just click on say, 'Supplies' row and it should automatically redirect the user to 'Supplies' report. IS this something which can be done?

In addition of menu option, another way is to create different reports with each system summary and then put everything together in a dashboard as if it looks like a single report.

Here, the issue is if a report in-between is NULL (no records), can we eliminate the blank space that will appear in the dashboard due to the report with no records? Just a thought.

Please advice if there is a better way to achieve this. Thanks!

Thanks for any help.

Cyril Joy