Thanks Vincent for your quick reply.I am not able to open the dashboard .Would you let me know the desktop version you are using.I would download the same or higher version .
I am not sure why but I don't get an option to mark the answer as correct.I may be missing something.Would you know?
Abhay -- I'm a moderator of the forum.
I just changed the thread from being a comment to being a question.
If Vincent's response is actually correct, you can mark it as such now.
If you're still looking for the version of that sample workbook, it looks like it's a 9.3 workbook.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I was using 9.3 but I'll give a quick overview of how I got there:
- Drag sub-category to columns
- Change sizing from Normal to Fit Width
- Change Mark type to circle and increase size
- double click in the rows shelf and just type 0. Tableau will default it to SUM(0).
- Click color and change to grey
- Right click in the worksheet and select "Format". In the Format Lines area (looks like a paintbrush) change the Zero Lines to a solid line and remove the title
- Right click the Y axis and deselect "show header"
- Create a new sheet, and drag Sales and Sub-category to the Text button
- Create a dashboard, and bring the filters to the top half and the sales sheet to the bottom half
- Select the filters worksheet, and click the center icon in the corner to "use as filter"
That's really about all there is to it. I hope that helps!
Indeed it is. Thanks again.