5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 4:38 AM by Chris Dickson

Report Link

Govind Ramchetty

Hi Friends

I have 1 report.

Year sum(val)

When I click (Year),It should go another window to display for drill down reports.

How we can achieve this. Can you help.

• 1. Re: Report Link
          Chris Dickson

You acheive this using an action filter.

Filter Actions

• 2. Re: Report Link
            Govind Ramchetty

MY requirement is

When I click my report, it should open another separate window for my 2nd report.

Now I am using Tableau Desktop tool.

Note: I know Dashboard into Dashboard action...

Thanks

• 3. Re: Report Link
              Chris Dickson

Desktop cannot open another desktop instance, you can use URL actions online to achieve this (also URL action in desktop if you want to open a web browser with another published report in it).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Report Link
                Govind Ramchetty

Thanks a lot. I understood. Once I published my report into server then is it possible to open drill report into separate window.?

In that window also should have Back button.Is it possible.Now I am using desktop tool only.

Thanks

Govind R

• 5. Re: Report Link
                  Chris Dickson

I would be careful about how complicated you make your dashboard hopping once published, you can have a back button, but this would only work where there is a single route in, if for example you have both dashboards a and b linking to dashboard c the back button in c wouldn't know if it needed to go back to a or b.

But again using URL actions you can go back to the original dashboard (although not sure why you would need to as it would still be open as standard behaviour would open a new tab with the url action).

In desktop none of these options are really available to you as they rely on web technology rather than tableau technology.

1 of 1 people found this helpful