4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2016 8:54 AM by Naveen Agarwal

Date Calculation

Somok Sarkar

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create a report in the tabular format. The requisites are shared in the excel format.

Can someone please tell me if its recommended/possible to do it in tableau or we should get it done at the etl end only?

Regards,

• 1. Re: Date Calculation
          Lester Anciro

if the calculations is not that hard/complex for tableau to do, it is okay to do it inside tableau (calculated field) but if you know that the calculations are complex and may slow down the processing of the visuals, I recommend that you do it on the ETL side.

• 2. Re: Date Calculation
            Somok Sarkar

Hi Anciro,

Thanks for your response. Surely that's help.

However could you please tell me if its possible to show the data in the tabular format as shown in excel to tableau?

I have shared the workbook also.

• 3. Re: Date Calculation
              Somok Sarkar

Hello Everyone,

Can someone please try this?

The problem I am facing here as I have 3 conditions and the result should be displayed together as a tabular format...

• 4. Re: Date Calculation
                Naveen Agarwal

Can you clarify what you mean by newest fixed month in your Excel worksheet? Do you mean the current month/year in each row?

Condition 1: Open Accounts

If the sales in the past month(include newest fixed Month ) is not 0, set 1.

*Newest fixed Month only

Do you mean if the sales by Product ID in the prior month is not 0, then it is set to 1?

I have the same question about the other two conditions. Please clarify.

*Newest fixed Month only

*Newest fixed Month only