1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 4:18 AM by lenaic.ridinger

Menu for multiple dashboards in a workbook using Javascript API

Ramprakash Narayanan

I have a workbook similar to the one mentioned below where I have 20 dashboards published in Tableau server. I want to embed all these dashboards into a webpage and create menu buttons directing to each of these dashboards so that it will be easy for the interactors to access the dashboards. I have gone through the Javascript API tutorial and I was able to create menu buttons and link worksheets to them using "workbook.activateSheetAsync(sheetName)" method. I am not able to find similar method for dashboards.

I have attached the HTML and JS files for the reference.

Workbook : | Superstore

• 1. Re: Menu for multiple dashboards in a workbook using Javascript API

Hi Ramprakash Narayanan,

Yes, you can embed interactive Tableau views and dashboards into web pages, blogs, wiki pages, web applications, and intranet portals.

Embedded views update as the underlying data changes, or as their workbooks are updated on Tableau Server. Embedded views follow the same licensing and permission restrictions used on Tableau Server.

That is, to see a Tableau view that's embedded in a web page, the person accessing the view must also have an account on Tableau Server. As an alternative, if you have a core-based license you can select Enable Guest account, which allows users to load the view without signing in.

You can embed views the following ways:

• Use the Share embed code: The Share button at the top of each view provides embed code that you can copy and paste into your webpage. (If you don't see the Share button, ask your administrator if they've disabled the tabadmin option, vizqlserver.showshare.)
          • Write your own embed code: You can enhance the embed code that Tableau provides, or you can build your own code. Either way you can use parameters that control the toolbar, tabs, and more.

Note: For users to successfully authenticate when they click an embedded view, their browsers must be configured to allow third-party cookies.