3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 6:26 AM by Luciano Vasconcelos

Calculating MTD-YTD Values

Venkat Madan

Hi Everyone,

I have a doubt regarding the calculation of MTD-YTD values in Tableau.

For example if i have the following details year, month, salesrep, product, sales. And i want to show the MTD, YTD values in tableau.

Condition is A Salesrep might or might not have done sales in a particular month for a particular product. But i want to display the respective MTD, YTD values for the salesrep in the Table and i want all the salesrep or products need to be displayed at all months irrespective whether the sales is there or not when there is a month filter.

Is it possible to do directly in tableau?

• 1. Re: Calculating MTD-YTD Values
          Naveen Agarwal

Can you post your data or a sample set?

• 2. Re: Calculating MTD-YTD Values
            Tiago Ferrucio

You can created parameter filter and use in your Calculated filter.

Ex. Parameter

And my calculated field.

Case [Filtro]

when "YTD" then

sum(If [Período]<= [Referência] and Datediff('year',[Período],[Referência])=0 then [Number of Records] end)

when "MAT" then

sum(If [Período] >= Dateadd('month', -11, [Referência]) and [Período]<= [Referência] then [Number of Records] end)

when "MONTH" then

sum(If [Período] = [Referência] then [Number of Records] end)

End

If you don't understand, post your data.

Regards

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Calculating MTD-YTD Values
              Luciano Vasconcelos

You have two different problems.

If you want all REPs vs Products in all months i suggest you build a table with colums ID_REP an ID_Product and use it on left side of the data source.

Doing this you'll have all combinations REP/Products and all the sales.

About periods you can adapt Tiago's answer.