Hello - Please remember one thing that Tableau Reader doesn't have any connectivity to any database. So if you are building any dashboards and think of accessing that using Tableau Reader, then first the underlying database to be converted into a simple TDE file and then create dashboard based on that TDE.
The steps would be the following:
- Create an extract from server to get a TDE file and save in your local disk.
- Open Tableau workbook in Tableau Desktop 9.3 and add the newly created TDE file.
- Then Data-source has to be replaced. Existing data source to be replaced by the newly created TDE file.
- While replacing sometime colors resets to default, in that case change the color legend to the desired.
- Once done, do a one round of check the navigation and numbers and tallied that with the Given file.
- Once everything looks ok, then save the dashboard as TWBX
This twbx file should be opened in Tableau Reader. Provided you are using Tableau Reader 9.3