2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 12:43 PM by Tableaunew learning

Dashboard actions

Tableaunew learning

I am trying to create multiple level dashboard actions (like with two value filters). but i am not able to achieve that with dashboard actions. I have attached workbook here.  There are two dashboards created one is cls/dept other is clsd. on first dashboard once i click on classification, it filters the data in below chart. but when i click on any dept, it shows filtered data on other dashboard but with dept value only however i want to have cls data filtered for classification and dept both  levels. Current results give following value

A-> D1> D12, D13, D16, D17. (desn't count filter A)

However i want

A-> D1> D12, D13 (with filter A)

Any help will be helpful.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Dashboard actions
          Vincent Baumel

It looks like a dashboard action might be the simple solution here, but we need to clarify your intent here a bit. If you set up a dashboard action that redirects to a new dashboard, remember that it will redirect as soon as you make your selection. This is fine if you're just choosing from a list, but if you want to select a configuration of choices THEN redirect (for example, narrow a list down from 10 to 6, then redirect) a better bet may be to use quick filters or parameters, rather than actions. The data set you presented is a little tough to follow - there's no context to what the data means. Is there something a bit more specific you can mention to help clarify?

• 2. Re: Dashboard actions
            Tableaunew learning

I can't share actual data. 2nd i dont understand what exactly have you written:

This is fine if you're just choosing from a list, but if you want to select a configuration of choices THEN redirect (for example, narrow a list down from 10 to 6, then redirect) a better bet may be to use quick filters or parameters, rather than actions