4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2016 2:42 AM by Naveen Kuche

Hi

Naveen Kuche

By using script cab able to send reports to email with personalized data.

Is there any possibility in tableau?

Please let know

• 1. Re: Hi
          Ashish Chaudhari

Hi Naveen,

I would request you to edit the title of the thread so that you will get maximum responses to your question.

Coming back to your question there is no need to send a mail since you can provide access to your dashboard by publishing the same on the tableau server. Based on login you can personalized data based on login. This would be interactive thing rather being just static report.

Let me know if any details you need about the above process if you are interested.

I have no clue about the email thing though experts has done it using some of the external tools which supports the mail function.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish Chaudhari

• 2. Re: Hi
            Naveen Kuche

Ok ..

I have 20 users.

I need to send the reports with personalized data to their Email inbox in pdf format. But they are not use tableau server.

How to over come this?

• 3. Re: Hi
              Ashish Chaudhari

Hi Naveen,

For user (interactor), Tableau server is nothing but the normal report portal. Assume it as a simple website where they need to login with user name and password. Published dashboards are rendered as web page and made available to access for users. You can create limit or grant the access to user at the tableau server level.

There is no skill required for using the the tableau server as a interactor. If you do this then you would not require to send emails. They can login to tableau server and check whatever they want. That data can be personalized based on adding filter which you will have to match with user details.

Please find the below links for reference.

Add Users to the Server

Publish a Workbook

• 4. Re: Hi
                Naveen Kuche

Thanks Ashish,

And one more

How to do self service visual data analysis in tableau ?