4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2016 2:54 PM by Alexander Mou

Story

Govind Ramchetty

HI

I have 2 dashboards.

Dashboard1 and 2

In dashboard 1 I have filter Year

In dashboard I created story like Das1,Dash2,Dash3....

When I click dash1 year filter it should be filter dash2 also.How can I achive this.

Note: inside dashboard I can use Action.But how can I implement in story level.

Thanks

Govind R

• 1. Re: Story
          Ashish Chaudhari

Hi Govind,

you can create a parameter as a filter at story level. This will work for all sheets and dashboard.

There is another option if you want to use nothing but the quick filter then please do the following. Right click on the filter and select Apply to Worksheet->>Selected Worksheet. You can see I have checked the option at the bottom named as "Show all worksheet in workbook". This will show all the available sheet in the workbook. Thus you can select the sheet that you want to filter.

If you want to filter all the sheet on the dashboard then simple choose "All using this data source".

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish Chaudhari

• 2. Re: Story
            Govind Ramchetty

My Requirement is I have to pass filter from one storyboard into another storyboard.

Dashboard1: I have year prompt.This is my first storeboard

Dashboard2: Here also I have year prompt.this is my second storeboard.

Now when I select year in my 1st storeboard, based ont his my view will give result.Again my 2nd storeboard also need to change view based on my year prompt.if iu want to change again in my 2nd storeboard,Again I will change.

How can I achieve this.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Story
              Ivan Young

Hi Govind,

You won't be able to have a filter in one story point effect another story point.  There is a rather long thread on this subject, Is there a way to set up global filter on Story? .

If you want a global story filter it must be applied outside of the story.  Here is a link to an example  | Tableau Public

Regards,

Ivan

• 4. Re: Story
                Alexander Mou

Build your storyboards without Story Points.

Vizible Difference: Alternative Story Points

Then you can do what you just described.