2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2016 6:27 AM by ammar.khwaira

Previous records from dataset

ammar.khwaira

Hi

I have this data set in which i am :

1) putting SP_STATUS into the filters shelf and choosing active status only.

2) i want to show two columns:

2.1)  count of issue   ( this one is easy as i am counting the issues for the SP 3 which is active)

2.2) here is my problem : i want to count the issues of previous inactive SPs (using the SP_ID) , in this case i will have :

count of issues = 2

count prev issues = 4

in summary:  for the current active sprint, count all issues that were in previous sprints (sprint_id is less than current active sprint).

can this be done dynamically ? in which it keep working when adding new records to the data set (maybe some new active SPs , and deactivating the current one?)

thanks

• 1. Re: Previous records from dataset
          Sanjay Nimbark

Hi Ammar,

You can do various way you can use calculation :  {Fixed [sp_status]: count (sp_id)} AND BRING TO ROW SELF AND SP_STATUS IN COLUMN SELF

also you just use sp_staus on row self and use sp_id or issue I cant see any distinct ID but you can use any business_id on  label self to get count or distinct count

you can share your workbook then I will guide you more .

kind Regards,

Sanjay

• 2. Re: Previous records from dataset
            ammar.khwaira

Hi Sanjay

Thanks for your reply.

Actually my aim is to create a calculated field that can reference the current active sp_id on screen, and get anything less than this id.

in sql something like :

select count(issue_id)

from  issues

where  sp_id < &active_sp_id;

so that each time i change the current active_sp i can get the count of anything happened before it.

Regards,