2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2016 11:40 PM by ammar.khwaira

Colored icons based on a dimension

ammar.khwaira

Hi

I want to put issue priority dimension as an Icon, each with a different color. I have created the calculated field "issue priority" but i could not make the arrows change in color.

Any ideas please?

• 1. Re: Colored icons based on a dimension
          Tina Hauser

Hi Ammar!

I'm working in a newer version of Tableau so not sure you will be able to open the modified .twbx - you just need to put Issue Priority on Shapes and Color. Please see this screenshot. Let me know if you have any trouble replicating this.

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 10.22.57 AM.png

• 2. Re: Colored icons based on a dimension
            ammar.khwaira

Hi Tina

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry, i should have put the complete question here.

My problem is that i have three kinds of shapes ( one for major, one for minor and one for Blocker), i need to preserve the exact symbol of the shape (this works fine with arrows for major and minor , but fails with blocker shape).

The second thing i am facing is that i also have a status column which i am doing the exact same thing with it, putting it on Color palette and on label (having marks = Square) so that it makes the status one of three colors.

Now i cannot combine both of priority and status to be on color , shape and text. they overlap.

Any work around for this ?