1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 5:58 PM by swaroop.gantela

Calculated Field - Help

Mikey Michaels

Hello All,

I've run into a bit of an issue with a calculated field I have created. On the attached, I have a date parameter and a calculated field called "new 3-month util- PREVIOUS".

This CF is supposed to return the percentage of orders that went through our EASy order processing system during a specified period of time. The "specified period of time" is based my parameter "Date parameter". For example, if the parameter is set at 03/31/2016, the CF will look at Oct 15 - Dec 15 only.

What is really throwing me for a loop is some of the data presented on the workbook is 100% correct, while when I expect there to be a blank utilization, I get a percentage. For instance, in my source file, I should have 0% utilization in EMEA when the parameter is set at 03/31/2016 for both License and Trials as EMEA did not have an order during the time frame. However, currently, I have a rather high percentage showing.

Is this a compute using issue?

Thank you for any and all help!

Cheers,

Mikey

• 1. Re: Calculated Field - Help
          swaroop.gantela

Mikey,

I apologize at the outset if I am completely off base,

but I wasn't sure about the dateadd that was being used to get to December.

With ([Month])<= DATEADD('month',-2,[Date parameter])

for EMEA and 3/31/2016, this seems to be only going back to January,

and so those values are being included.

Maybe it should be  DATEADD('month',-3,[Date parameter])?

210754range.png