2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 7:39 AM by audreyd

Cross table showing average and null values

audreyd

Dear all,

I am currently working on a report which shows me the average price of a product based on location.

The idea being to compare the price of products across different markets.

What I would like to do is this: the user specifies the product and subproduct he would like to see the price for (for instance, product: Coca Cola, subproduct: Zero, random example I just made up).

Then a table shows me the price of the Coke Zero price for a market I can chose.

Now here is the tricky part. When I have for instance a market that does not have Coke Zero, it will not show any value. Which makes sense as there is no average. What I would like to have is for these case have a null or 0 value.

The user can chose which market (and other criteria per market). As such, Market 1 has its own sets of filters and Market 2 also. Because of this, both columns are actually 2 different reports in my workbook.

For the Product and subproduct, they are also 1 report (I didn't want to have these lines displayed for each market).

In the end my dashboard would have:

ProductSubproductMarket 1 PriceMarket 2
      Coca ColaNormal$1$1.5
      Coca ColaZero0$1.5
      Coca Cola

Light

$1.3$1.3

Today, I have this:

ProductSubproduct
      Coca ColaNormal
      Coca ColaZero
      Coca ColaLight

Market 1 Price
      $1
      $1.3

Market 2
      $1.5
      $1.5
      $1.3

As you can see Market 1 Price is just not displaying anything for Coca Cola Zero because it is not selling.

Do you have any idea how I can proceed?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!