It sounds like you need a calculation that splits off the final two characters of your dimension field. This would give you a separation of year and week. Here's how I mocked it up:
- Created an excel spreadsheet with a column labeled Week and rows ranging from 201501-201652, turning around from 201552 to 201601, and a column labeled Sales with randomized data for each row
- Connected to the spreadsheet in Tableau
- Converted the Week field from numeric to string
- Created a calculation field called Year that reads like this: LEFT([Week], 4)
- Created a calculation field called WeekNumber that reads like this: RIGHT([Week], 2)
- Switching over to Sheet 1, drag WeekNumber onto Year to create a hierarchy
- Drag the "Year, Week" hierarchy to the Rows shelf, and Sales to the Columns shelf
Now you can drill in and explore your data! Let me know if this helps.
Thanks a lot ! I don't want to separate the week, but I got the logic !