4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2017 7:22 AM by Toby Erkson

"Unable to connect to the file...GEOCODING.FDB" & "AreaCode.tds: Timeout" error on the Tableau Server

Toby Erkson

Saturday evening my Tableau Server stated spewing out alerts for just a couple extracts with the following error message:

New Notes: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to load Workbook 38N Shopcall Error Reporting Warnings occurred while loading the workbook "38N Shopcall Error Reporting".: The custom geocoding folder D:\Application\Tableau\Tableau_Server\9.2\vizqlserver\local\data has errors. There was a problem connecting to the data source D:\Application\Tableau\Tableau_Server\9.2\vizqlserver\local\data\AreaCode.tds: Timeout - IPC_NamedPipe::Select(WaitForMultipleObjects) Unable to connect to the file "D:\Application\Tableau\Tableau_Server\9.2\vizqlserver\local\data\GEOCODING.FDB". Check that the file exists and that you have sufficient access privileges for it.

Credentials are embedded and the Test Connection is successful.  What's interesting is that this particular report has no mapping in it!  So the experienced developer was confused as to why it was getting such an error.

The reports are working now so this was a condition that happened over the weekend.  No VM server operations were executed as far as I know, definitely no Tableau Server work was done by me.

Any ideas before I hit up Tableau Support?