5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2018 8:28 AM by Hope Stiles

Can we hide tabs on the server

shanmukharajeev bulusu

Hello Everyone,

I have my Dashboard with filter actions and it is not working when published on server. So, I have published with "Show sheets as tabs" for my filter actions to work.

Here is my problem - 

1) Is  there any way I can hide those tabs on the server?  it is looking weird to my end user. I tried hiding all my worksheets other than 4 dashboards I have but is there any way to hide all the other dashboards except main dashboard

Or

2) Is there any way to publish dashboard on server with out "Show sheets as tabs" option and my action filters work

Any advise is greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Rajeev

• 1. Re: Can we hide tabs on the server
          Russell Christopher

In order for Action Filters to navigate between worksheets or dashboards. "Show Sheets as Tabs" must be selected when you publish- no way around it.

However, after you publish with that option, you can choose to HIDE them by appending :tabs=no on the query string which is used to render the viz. This won't be helpful if your users are simply browsing vizzes in the Tableau portal itself....but if you are embedding the vizzes in our own pages, it'll work like a charm.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can we hide tabs on the server
            shanmukharajeev bulusu

Hi Russell,

Thank you for your response. Actually our users will be browsing it on the Tableau portal itself so I think as you said this might not work for me in that case.

• 3. Re: Can we hide tabs on the server
              Hope Stiles

Just wanted to add an update for anyone who comes across this post.  It seems that there was an update that now allows you to go from one dashboard to another using an action even if you publish without tabs.

• 4. Re: Can we hide tabs on the server
                Grace Raj

Hi ,

Is it that true, "allows you to go from one dashboard to another using an action even if you publish without tabs."

Which version are you using... I am using 10.3... It is not working unless you show as a tab.... Which I don't to show in the tab,...Is there any work around to hide the worksheet on the server ,but it should work through the action filter

Thanks

• 5. Re: Can we hide tabs on the server
                  Hope Stiles

Grace,

I am kicking myself for not putting a link or additional information here.  I went back and looked at what I working on 5 months ago to see what I could remember.  I think I just tested it.  I created an action so when I click a worksheet (that looks like a button) it takes me to another dashboard in the same workbook. I think I just published without tabs to see if it worked, and it did.  I was probably using 10.5 at the time.  I don't see anything in the Tableau Help book specifying this though.

Wish I could be more helpful.  Perhaps someone else knows more details about the change or is working on 10.3 and can test it on their end.

-Hope