2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2016 9:26 AM by Tim Blausey

Filter actions overwriting each other, not filtering properly

Tim Blausey

I'm running into an issue with action filters not not functioning properly.  I attached a sample book and image showing the issue.  I want to drill from graph level 1->2->3->4, and have the amounts in each graph to filter appropriately.

Ex. Filter level 1 to yellow (only 132 records remain)

Filter level 2 to lettuce (only 11 remain)

Filter level 3 to D (only 3 remain)

Filter level 4 to 35 (only 2 should remain) However, there seems to somehow be more level 4 "35's" than their are lettuce's 1.  How is this possible.  If I already filter to lettuce? I should only see 1 right?

• 1. Re: Filter actions overwriting each other, not filtering properly
          Vincent Baumel

I was able to get it working, Tim! I did it by creating a series of actions. Each action filtered the following sheets, and the trick was to use a Selected Field of whichever Level the action was for. The list sheet updates according to all of the selections you've made. Here's what the filters looked like:

Filter Actions.PNG

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Filter actions overwriting each other, not filtering properly
            Tim Blausey

Thanks Vincent, this doesn't quite get it.

It still doesn't filter the graphs above if I click on one below, what I'm interested in full functionality each way. I should also note, the table is for demonstration purposes only.

I have semi stumbled into a solution, by making it a duel axis, and the level's as attributes to each field in one, but not both of the values.  This removes the ability to click on the bars to filter, (but I can on the names) but it does give me the filter functionality I need.

If you can figure out a way to make it work based on bars, please let me know.

Again appreciate your help, and apologize for being unclear in my question.