1 of 1 people found this helpful
What you're going to do is create a URL action. I'll attach a workbook example, and I'll run you through how I did it:
- In a new sheet, bring your Project Name dimension onto the Rows shelf, and change the Mark type to Square
- Bring the URL dimension to the bottom of the marks card
- Create a dashboard and bring Sheet 1 onto it
- Dashboard -> Actions, then Add Action > URL...
- Create an action to run on Select, and in the arrow next to the URL field, select the URL dimension
- Press OK
Simple as that! I hope it helps!
edit: I should mention that this works fine in Tableau Desktop, but if it was for Tableau Public consumption I might add a Web Page window into my dashboard. Then the URL would open within that web page window, rather than an external browser. Depends on your platform, I guess.
Thank you, that is great!