1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 23, 2016 5:25 PM by swaroop.gantela

action filter/ using one graph as a filter for another graph

Hiran Samarthyam Haranatha Babu

Hi,

qn.PNG

I am using the top graph as a filter for the graph below. The 2nd graph seems to b taking the "date" value from the 1st graph, but i want it to take another value so that it shows only one category of the data in 2nd graph. Like if I press the blue line, it should show only run time data in the 2nd graph; or when i press the orange line it should show me only scheduled downtime.

• 1. Re: action filter/ using one graph as a filter for another graph
          swaroop.gantela

Hiran,

Please see if the attached could be a first step for you.

In this example, clicking on a particular [Customer Segment] on Sheet1

filters to a particular [Category] on Sheet2

First created a [Mapping1]:

IF [Customer Segment]="Consumer"

AND [Category]="Bookcases"

THEN [Category]

END

Then I fixed that across the entire [Customer Segment] with a calc called [FixedMap1]:

{ FIXED [Customer Segment]:MAX([Mapping1])}

So [FixedMap1] is placed on the Detail shelf of the Source Sheet (Sheet1).

And [Mapping1] is placed on the Detail shelf of the Target Sheet (Sheet2).

Please see image below.

The action filter is created with Selected fields such that when [FixedMap1] = [Mapping1],

only that [Category] line shows.

Please note that in my line and bar graphs, I used LOD calculations for the Sum(Sales), etc.,

so that the [FixedMap] dimensions wouldn't partition the views.

So in the attached, when the Blue Consumer line is clicked, only the Bookcases row shows,

and when the Orange Corporate line is clicked, only the Labels row shows.

209613map.png