3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 6:44 AM by Matt Lutton

Polygon for Tableau

sourabh.sharma.0

Hi,

I need to convert tableau polygon from spatial files. ( Files is attached below)

Previously i have used this utility for conversion, But now this is not working.

"Alteryx Analytics Gallery

##https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Polygon-for-Tableau/50739a947ae24a0a6c313e04

please help.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Polygon for Tableau
          Matt Lutton

Hi there,

Can you explain a bit more about the problem you are having?  I am trying to understand what it is you are trying to do exactly, but I would need a bit more info to be helpful.

What exactly is the problem you are facing? (the more detail here, the better )

• 2. Re: Polygon for Tableau
            sourabh.sharma.0

Hi Matt,

I need to create Polygon in Tableau based on this attached data ( This having some file with".shp" and other extension).

So creating polygon based on this data i need to convert , Previously i have used above mention link and successfully created Polygon in tableau.

But now i am not able to convert this data set to tableau readable format to create tableau MAPS.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Polygon for Tableau
              Matt Lutton

Alright -- do you know why the above mentioned link stopped working for you, by any chance?

Being a third party tool, its unlikely you'll find direct support for the issue here -- as an alternative, you might want to look at this other 3rd party option, which converts shape files into polygons for use with Tableau.  Its a monster thread, but with enough study/diligence, you can certainly figure it out:  Grow your own Filled Maps