3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2016 6:43 AM by Andrew Gryaznov

Show Tableau: Connector to Plotti.co - track any changing number in a click (BETA)

Andrew Gryaznov

Hi All!

I am the founder of Plotti.co SaaS startup and I am proud to announce the Web Data Connector to Plotti.co Tracker. It allows to incrementally track any numbers from any source accessible via web interface - from services like Bing Webmaster tools, D-Link hardware web interfaces, or websites that track anything like Kickstarter, pricing lists, social networks etc. - basically any number history can be tracked by a single click. Services with logins and complex menus are supported too.

I would greatly appreciate to hear your feedback - the connector is integrated into the service and I will continue expanding its features. Currently it is very simplistic - just a copy-and-paste link with no additional input.

Here is what Plottico basically does:

The steps required to use are also very straightforward:

1. Plot some numbers using Plottico:

step1.png

2. Click Data and Alerts tab:

step2.png

3. Copy the Tableau WDC link

step3.png

Screenshot 2016-06-14 at 13.44.33 - Edited.png

4. Paste it into Web Data Connector

step6.png

5. done

step7.png

The service is free for 2 tracked websites, current plans are $4/mo, $19/mo, and $199/mo for custom solution.

Basic tracking is not completely free as running real browsers and calculating statistical DOM selector entropy take significant server resources but I am (in collaboration with Intel and the humanity ) working on optimizing costs. Current roadmap includes finding similar numbers via entropy threshold to enable dynamic scraping of entire websites, on-demand and scheduled extraction, and building automatic API understanding engine.

The entire thing is early beta and may sometimes be a bit slow - but I promise to have all the bugs fixed and questions answered ASAP!

I would like to thank Simon Runc from Atheon Analytics and Tom W for supporting this and their advice

To register and set up, please visit https://plotti.co/