6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 2:30 AM by Mark Fraser

I have a Date issue.

Tanuja Rao

I have been creating data to show in a Line chart.  I find that one of my computers shows the data for all the days of the week whereas the same data on another computer does not show Sundays.  Settings issue? In Tableau or my computer?

• 1. Re: I have a Date issue.
          Will Griffiths

This could be an issue to do with the settings on your computer as Tableau takes the date format for your data source based on the system settings. To see this or to change the date properties click on "Data" then on your data source and select "Date Properties..."

DateProp.png

You can see here the default date properties Tableau will use for that data source:

Date Prop.PNG

See if changing the Date format to one of the other variables on both machines as the system settings could differ. Or it could be the "Week Start" is set to different values on each Computer. Let me know what you find out!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I have a Date issue.
            Mark Fraser

Hi Tanuja

That is certainly strange...

In Tableau, right click the data source - date properties

there you can set which day of the week is the 'first', same for month

Note that its ultimately determined by your system settings... as its happening on 1, not the other, I wonder if its related to the computer's regional settings - they can sometimes affect date/times >> Language and Locale

And to check, its the same workbook, same source, same Tableau version etc?

Cheers

Mark

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: I have a Date issue.
              Mark Fraser

good thinking Will!

• 4. Re: I have a Date issue.
                Ashish Chaudhari

Can you post the screenshot for dates only?

-Thanks

Ashish Chaudhari

• 5. Re: I have a Date issue.
                  Tanuja Rao

Thank you, Will and Mark.  However, that was the first thing I checked.  Just to ensure that I did it right, I just did it again, and closed and reopened the workbook. But I get the same result.

Ashish:  here is a screenshot

June 5th was a Sunday.  This happens all through the year, every Sunday. 

• 6. Re: I have a Date issue.
                    Mark Fraser

Thanks Tanuja for the screenshot... that's useful and interesting.

I was (wrongly) under the assumption it was affecting all data for every Sunday, but that isn't the case.

Sundays are displayed - but for some reason (we need to work this out), you don't have data for CY Perf Rev, on Sundays.

Questions -

What is CY Perf Rev? Is it a calculated field?

Are you sure you have data for that measure for that day?

Couldyou provide a sample? doesn't need to be real, just enough to demo the issue.

It is solvable, we just need to work out how

Cheers

Mark