2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2016 1:05 PM by Brian Johnston

Help with Growth Rate Difference - MoM

Brian Johnston

Hello;

I am trying to calculate the growth rate difference for a certain month over a fews.  For example in the packaged workbook I would like to show the growth rate difference of January 2012 being +30%, January 2013 being -28%, and 2014 being 139%.  Feb 2014 would be -98%.

Although we may be growing yoy, we want to ensure we are growing at the same.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

• 1. Re: Help with Growth Rate Difference - MoM
          Ivan Young

Hi Brian,

This is possible, it's just a matter of setting up the correct calculations.  It appears that you were able to calculate the % growth YOY by month which is the first step.

1.  Create a field to determine the YOY growth

% Growth from Previous:  (ZN(SUM([Sales])) - LOOKUP(ZN(SUM([Sales])), -1)) / ABS(LOOKUP(ZN(SUM([Sales])), -1))

2. Create a field to determine Last Years YOY growth

% Growth from Previous-1:  (LOOKUP(ZN(SUM([Sales])), -1) - LOOKUP(ZN(SUM([Sales])), -2)) / ABS(LOOKUP(ZN(SUM([Sales])), -2))

3.  Create a field to calculate the difference between this the current years YOY Growth % and last years YOY Growth %.

Change in Growth Rate: [% Growth From Previous]-ZN([% Growth from Previous -1])

All the table calcs have the following compute settings.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
          Ivan

1 of 1 people found this helpful