5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2016 12:52 PM by Andrew Pandolfino

Need help with a Viz, two data sources with a calculation between them, oh and throw in a parameter for good measure

Andrew Pandolfino

Hello all, I have been trying to figure this out for a couple days and my head is starting to hurt. Maybe it's something easy that I am not seeing:

I have a flat file (.xlsx) that contains about 90 military bases and their corresponding GPS (Name,Lat,Long). Also, I have a database of about 12 million GPS coordinates around those bases.

All I need is a simple table that lists the bases and the count of entries from the database that are within x feet of the base.

I made a parameter for the distance so that an interacter can adjust it and have the equation to calculate the distance in feet: ACOS(COS(RADIANS(90-Lat1)) *COS(RADIANS(90-Lat2)) +SIN(RADIANS(90-Lat1)) *SIN(RADIANS(90-Lat2)) *COS(RADIANS(Long1-Long2))) * 3958.756

When I try to make a calculated field between the two data sources things go haywire. How is the best way to accomplish this?