1 of 1 people found this helpful
This error can happen on Impala, Cloudera or Hortonworks Databases.
I would advise you with the following:
◘ Step 1: Ensure the recommended ODBC driver is installed.
Download the driver from the Tableau Drivers & Activation page.
◘ Step 2: Set up the Kerberos configuration file in the default location.
- Obtain a krb5.conf configuration file from your Kerberos administrator.
- The default location is C:\ProgramData\MIT\Kerberos5. This directory may be hidden by the Windows operating system.
- Rename the configuration file from krb5.conf to krb5.ini.
- Copy krb5.ini to the default location and overwrite the empty sample file.
Note: To set up this configuration file in a non-default location, please consult the MIT Kerberos documentation. MIT management should be installed in every instance of Tableau Server (primary and workers).
◘ Step 3: Set up the Kerberos credential cache file.
- Create a writable directory. For example, C:\temp
- Click the Windows Start menu.
- Right-click Computer.
- Click Properties > Advanced system settings.
- Click Environment Variables.
- Under System variables, click New.
- In Variable name, enter: KRB5CCNAME.
- In Variable value, enter: <writable directory from step 1>\krb5cache. For example, C:\temp\krb5cache
Note: krb5cache is a regular file (not a directory) managed by the Kerberos software and should not be created by the user. If you receive a permission error when you first use Kerberos, check to make sure that the krb5cache file does not exist as a file or a directory. This set up needs to be performed on every instance of Tableau Server (primary and workers).
- Click OK to save the new variable.
- Ensure the variable is listed in the System variables list.
- Restart your computer to ensure that MIT Kerberos for Windows uses the new settings.
Let me know if it helped you!
Hi Lénaïc RIÉDINGER,
Thank you for your response .
I have been trying the same authentication mechanism. But i think my organisations firewall is preventing me from getting a proper Kerberos TGT. I am touch with my network team in fixing this. Post they enable the firewall i will re try connecting and post you with any queries then. Thank you so much.