I recommend looking at the logs for extracts as highlighted here:
One of these could give you an idea of what's happening. Let us know what you find.
I've tried again today but no luck.
This is the only line I've found on the logs
2016-06-07 07:43:24.158 +0000 (,,,) scheduled-background-job-runner-1 : INFO com.tableausoftware.backgrounder.runner.BackgroundJobRunner - Running job of type :refresh_extracts; timeout: 30600; priority: 0; id: 1078908; args: [Datasource, 3370, Alt-J - Last 5 Weeks (Extract), null, null, 1, 91]
Didn't found any warn or error/fail regarding the extract. It does feel like some kind of bug.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
This sounds odd so I think you should contact Tableau Support. Let us know what you find