7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 9:56 AM by Ivan Young

Dashboard actions

Jessy Cool

Hi i have dashbaord with line chart showing year wise sales.

i am looking for action like this

if i click on particular year line chart then it must diaplay this year sales and last year sales in other sheets.

please find attached workbook

• 1. Re: Dashboard actions
          Ashish Chaudhari

I am feeling like stupid now. Breaking my head on this. Jessy, how much time did you spent on the above problem before posting it here?

• 2. Re: Dashboard actions
            Sankarmagesh Rajan

Hi Jessy,

We can go with parameter and get this done.

Step1:

Create two calc

1.previous year data

if  datediff('year',[Order Date],[date1])=1 then "show" end

Drag this into filter and select show.

this calc apply in filter with 1 sheets only

2.current parameter date.

if  [Order Date]=[date1] then "show" end

Drag this calc into 1 sheets want to show parameter date only.

thanks

sankar

• 3. Re: Dashboard actions
              Ashish Chaudhari

Hi Sankar,

I am stuck on the same issue. Just check the sale. Only Year has changes. Sales remains the same in your result. Your both the yeas are getting the same Sales which isn't the case.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish Chaudhari

• 4. Re: Dashboard actions
                Ivan Young

Hi Jessy,

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for.  But when you click on 2012 in the line chart the This Year table will show 2012 an the Last Year table will show 2011.  I'm going home so if you have any questions I probably won't respond until Monday.  Have a good weekend.

Best,

Ivan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Dashboard actions
                  Ashish Chaudhari

Hi Ivan Young,

You nailed it. This is what exactly needed. I would be great if you could put some light on how you did it.

Please refer to the screenshot (from your workbook). After clicking on 2014 in All year sheet we are getting clicked year and previous year to clicked year. I have added all year sales to confirm the numbers.

I would request thread owner to close the thread and mark Ivan's answer as correct. Kudos  to you Ivan.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish Chaudhari

• 6. Re: Dashboard actions
                    Ashish Chaudhari

I don't know how did I have never observed this. This is the first time I have came to know something very new. Lot to be explored. Thanks again Ivan.

-Ashish

• 7. Re: Dashboard actions
                      Ivan Young

Hi Ashish,

You are very nice and it looks like you figured out the method I used, but for everyone else below is a description of what I did.

Step1:  Create a field to offset OrderDate by +1 year, will call it OffsetField.  DATEADD('year',1,[Order Date])

Step2:  Drag this field to the detail section of the Last Year view.  Keep the OrderDate field in the view as this is what we want to display.

Step3.  Create a dashboard filter action with Last Year as your target sheet.  In the target filters use the selected fields option.  For the source use Year of OrderDate for the target use Year of OffsetField.  Now when you click on 2014 in the year of OrderDate you will get 2013 data in the Last Year view.

If anyone has questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,
                      Ivan