2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 5:38 AM by JayC

End of month Calc field - Help please

JayC

All,

I have a situation where i need to show latest month&year in dashboard adding a tag "Data as of EoM April 2016" in a calculated field.

I Don't have month field so cannot use max function which would have been straight forward.

Using DATEADD('month',-1,TODAY())  will do the desired in showing date with 1 month lag.

But i  have data till Apr'16 only so abv calc field will work as long as current month is May'16 but when we move to Jun'16 it will read - "Data as of EoM May 2016" which is incorrect.

we update the tables in 2nd week of every month.

Any chance of getting the required please!!

• 1. Re: End of month Calc field - Help please
          Simon Runc

hi Jayachandra,

So we may need a couple of attempts to fine turn this to your exact update rules...but the following formula should (generally) do the job

IF DATEPART('week',[Today's Date]) - DATEPART('week',DATETRUNC('month',[Today's Date]))+1<=2 THEN

DATE(DATEADD('month',-2,[Today's Date]))

ELSE DATE(DATEADD('month',-1,[Today's Date])) END

This part of the formula...picks up the Week in Month Value (I did not know this one before trying to answer this...very hand formula!)

DATEPART('week',[Today's Date]) - DATEPART('week',DATETRUNC('month',[Today's Date]))+1

Hope that helps, but please post back if not (we can fine-tune it to your exact update schedule...assuming it's something regular like, 2nd Friday of every month).

• 2. Re: End of month Calc field - Help please
            JayC

Thanq very much - Worked perfectly.