Is the data the same? The column names and etc?
Sometimes when I update my files with data given to me it destroys formatting and display features, but usually it is because something is missing or renamed.
Also, is it possible to save as an xlsx and use that instead? When I use csv I tend to lose data.
Everything is same.. Both data sources are from CSV...
Does this help? Here are some suggestions I found online....
1. Visit every dashboard you have created before replacing (you can use alt+page down or page up to do this) this is like activating them.
2. After doing activation of every dashboard try to replace the data source.
3. Check if they have the proper views and save.
Let's say you're starting with a.twb and extract b.twd
1. do as save as on a.twb to create a new file b.twb
3. rename the original a.tde file something like 1a.tde
4. open the b.twb the "extract not found" dialog will appear
6. navigate your way to the new b.tde file, click open. tableau will ope up b.twb with the new b.tde and aliases and colors will be retained.
7. save the b.twb file