5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 11:49 AM by Joe Oppelt

Formatting Numbers

Mahika S

I should show my amount in Millions For Ex: World wide, So formatted my Sales amount in millions,While I'm Drilling down by City level it should show only the Smaller amount,I should get something like $100,But displaying $0.00M.If i change my formatting to Just Numbers then sales amount in Higher level having large numbers  #######   Displaying this format.I can increase my Dashboard size but its too Large table,So it doesn't look good in production having Long  scroll bars

Please someone help me To show these Numbers in right Format as per filters.

Thanks

Mahika

• 1. Re: Formatting Numbers
          Joe Oppelt

Make a separate calc that is just a copy of your original field.

Format one with millions, and the other automatic.

On the large-data sheet, use the millions copy.  On the small data sheet use the automatic copy.

But you can also format the same field on a sheet-by-sheet basis.

See attached.

• 2. Re: Formatting Numbers
            Joe Oppelt

You can format the sheet by selecting the field from the general format editor.

In the screen shot I have highlighted where you get that.  In the toolbar on the left, in the upper right corner of that toolbar is the "Fields" pulldown.  It's highlighted in the screenshot.  Select your field, and you can format the display of that field for that sheet.  It doesn't impact other sheets.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Formatting Numbers
              Joe Oppelt

Mahika -- Does that take care of it for you?

• 4. Re: Formatting Numbers
                Mahika S

Not Actually Joe But i got you what you are talking about..

I can add only one field because the numbers should change when Quick filters change by Users.If you have any idea please let me know.FYI its all in onesheet

Thank you,

Mahika

• 5. Re: Formatting Numbers
                  Joe Oppelt

Post a sample workbook that shows what you are trying to do.  I can't picture what you are describing.  If I have something hands-on, I can work with you on it.  (If you post a workbook, specify the version of Tableau you are using so I can work on the same version with you.)