3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2016 12:47 PM by G Marc Turner

Show Data Source

Morgan Strong

Hi,

I am trying to get my data source to be shown on my dashboard.  I see that it's available in my tool tips, but can't figure out how to get it on my dashboard. Is there a calculated field or something that I can create for this?

Thanks!

Morgan

• 1. Re: Show Data Source
          G Marc Turner

My solution for this has been to create a blank worksheet and then include the field in the text of the title. I then format the text like I want it to appear and add the sheet to the dashboard. It isn't as nice as adding it directly to the dashboard, but it's a work around the can work in many situations.

Hope this helps

-marc

• 2. Re: Show Data Source
            Morgan Strong

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the response.  I'm able to get my source as my title for a worksheet now.  Do you know if there is any way to truncate this?  I want to get rid of the table name (RPT_COMMS_SUMMARY) below, and just keep the database/schema.

Also, I'm trying to same concept with the Date Update Time, but for some reason it's returning as "None". Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Morgan

• 3. Re: Show Data Source
              G Marc Turner

Hi Morgan,

Unfortunately I'm not sure if truncating the name automatically will be possible. I know that you can rename the datasource under the data menu (see image below), but I don't think you can interact with it as you would a regular variable in calculated fields. For the Date Update Time I think you need to have actual data displayed on the worksheet. You might be able to just refresh the data without any changes to get the field to update and display. If you do need to have data displayed, you could have something like the number of records displayed in a single cell and format the label to display in the same color as the background of the dashboard/worksheet. Then resize the layout container to effectively "hide" the table and only display the title.

Hope this helps

-Marc

Clipboard01.jpg