1 Reply Latest reply on May 24, 2016 12:27 AM by kumar.c

How to define default color properties for discrete measures?

Sana Mojdeh

URGENT!

Hello,

I have a calculated field (I got 20 of this for 20 measures) as below to be used for color coding graphs:

(image 1)

If [% Project Cost Credibility]>= 80

then 'Green'

Elseif [% Project Cost Credibility]>=70 AND [% Project Cost Credibility]< 80

then 'Yellow'

Else 'Red'

End

How can I change default color properties for this? I don't see it when I right click (image 2). I want to set default color property for each color so I don't have to define the color mark every time.

The problem is that when I drag the threshold to color mark, it gives me the option for only one value which satisfies the condition, for example 'green', But I want to define colors for all three values.

Also, I thought of creating a parameter (image 3) with string values for each color and assign values on the 20 calculated fields, so I don't have to define color property for each of the 20 calculated fields . But then again it does not give me default color property option (image 4)

How can I tackle this?

(image 1)

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 12.37.09 PM.png

(image 2)

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 12.38.27 PM.png

(image 3)

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 12.50.52 PM.png

(image 4)

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 12.51.19 PM.png

• 1. Re: How to define default color properties for discrete measures?
          kumar.c

Hi,

Normally what happens if there are multiple values (numbers) for different dimension members (values) then it will check for the condition based on the calculation what have written in calculated field like below:

Profit Ratio colors.png

Here it is like for one sub-category it is green, for other it is red and so on.

In your case there are no different dimension values (members) you are showing one constant value based on the filter or without dimension.

Can you please try to put any dimension onto the rows or columns then you can see the different colors as you wrote based on your calculation.

Hope this helps.